Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Functionfunc•tion (fungk′shən),USA pronunciation n.
- the kind of action or activity proper to a person, thing, or institution;
the purpose for which something is designed or exists;
- any ceremonious public or social gathering or occasion.
- a factor related to or dependent upon other factors: Price is a function of supply and demand.
- Also called correspondence, map, mapping, transformation. a relation between two sets in which one element of the second set is assigned to each element of the first set, as the expression y = x2;
- Also called multiple-value function. a relation between two sets in which two or more elements of the second set are assigned to each element of the first set, as y2 = x2, which assigns to every x the two values y = +x and y = -x.
- a set of ordered pairs in which none of the first elements of the pairs appears twice.
- a formula expressing a relation between the angles of a triangle and its sides, as sine or cosine.
- See hyperbolic function.
- the grammatical role a linguistic form has or the position it occupies in a particular construction.
- the grammatical roles or the positions of a linguistic form or form class collectively.
- the contribution made by a sociocultural phenomenon to an ongoing social system.
- to perform a specified action or activity;
operate: The computer isn't functioning now. He rarely functions before noon.
- to have or exercise a function;
serve: In earlier English the present tense often functioned as a future. This orange crate can function as a chair.
Kitchen cupboard white colour combines having a floral theme using the kitchen backsplash tile quite inexperienced and white. Applying the kitchen tile to the kitchen-sink with ceramic design that was orange patterned bedroom kitchen buddy is made by ethnic become more trendy. Kitchens are following significantly different.
- Red Roof Inn Oak Creek Wi
- Red Roof Inn Johnson City Ny
- Lowes Stock Kitchen Cabinets
- Woolworths Furniture Catalogue
- Basement Remodeling Chicago
- Holmwoods Unfinished Furniture
- Free Wooden Boat Plans
- Color Ideas For Kitchen
- Bedroom Furniture For College Students
- Nook Hells Kitchen
- Kidkraft Kitchen Sets
- Kitchen Wine Decor
- Clogged Kitchen Pipes
- Roofing St Petersburg Fl
- Panda Garden Long Beach
- Colonial Living Room Furniture
- Kohler Undermount Bathroom Sinks
- Glass Floor Plane
- Milari Ashley Furniture
- Cheap Patio Flooring Ideas
- Wooden The Book
- New Living Room Colors
- Tile Store Sterling Va
- Pickle Jar Kitchen Falmouth Ma
- Tree Wall Stickers For Bedrooms